Dust, finger prints and smudges are all attracted to a laptop screen. A clean laptop screen means less strain for your eyes and this also helps you with high precision computer tasks.
What to clean laptop screen with?
You don’t need to go for expensive cleaning agents to clean your laptop screen. All that you need are the following:
- Cotton balls, a soft cotton cloth or sponge
- Distilled water
- Isopropyl alcohol (an alternative would be white vinegar)
- Spray bottle
Steps to clean your laptop screen
- First of all, read your computer’s manual for any cleaning product restrictions
- Turn off the laptop and keep the monitor opened in a wide angle. Spread a towel on the laptop base covering the keyboard
- Wipe the screen with a clean cotton cloth or ball to remove any dust
- Make a mixture of 50% distilled water with 50% isopropyl alcohol (or white vinegar) in the spray bottle
- Spray a fresh cotton ball or soft cloth with the solution and wipe the laptop screen in a gentle circular motion
Enjoy your clean laptop screen!
Things to avoid
Never spray the bottle content directly onto the screen – it can easily seep through the panel and spoil the electronics.
Never vacuum your laptop with regular vacuum cleaners. You could however use low power blowers.
Never try to rub and clean the screen with rough clothes or even your fingers.
Never press the sprayed cotton ball too hard while cleaning the screen. Otherwise, excess solution may flow down into to the screen frame or keyboard area.
And needless to say, one may avoid expensive screen cleaning liquids, static dust cleaners, mini vacuum cleaners etc if you were to opt for the cleaning method explained above. At the same time, don’t over do it – It is ideal to maintain a weekly frequency schedule to clean your expensive laptop screen.