High blood pressure is one of the deadliest conditions to be in that can put your life at risk. And when it is clubbed with high cholesterol level, that’s a double whammy!
While there are a lot of modern day medications are available to arrest blood pressure, it is best controlled by changing your life style (e.g. good cardio vascular exercises) and food style (e.g. low fat, low sodium food). If you are thinking about medicines, please be aware that there are always side effects of BP medication. That’s when natural remedies to manage high blood pressure come into picture.
Natural & Herbal means of High Blood Pressure management
The following are some of the herbal and natural remedies to deal with high blood pressure.
1. Garlic is the Number 1 blood pressure buster. Chew a clove of garlic as the first thing in the morning along with a glass of water and this is sure to bring down your blood pressure along with providing a healthier heart.
2. Parsley is highly useful in managing high blood pressure as it contains elements to maintain the capillaries and keep the arterial system in good condition. Simmer about 20 grams of fresh parsley leaves gently in 250 ml of water for a few minutes. You can prepare and drink this 3 to 4 times a day to help reduce your BP.
3. If you are a white rice eater, it may be time to switch to unpolished brown rice. The calcium content in brown rice is said to sooth and relax the nervous system there by helping to reduce high BP.
4. Cinnamon: Boil a piece of cinnamon with 250 ml of water and gulp it a couple of times a day. Alternatively if you are a green tea drinker, try the cinnamon green tea flavors as long as they use natural cinnamon in it. This means double the benefit!
5. Olive oil as a cooking medium is probably the best way to curb blood pressure. As this can be made more of a habit, it’s one of easiest routes as well.
6. Hawthorn berries and hawthorn berry extracts are known to reduce the diastolic pressure drastically.
The other natural foods that lower blood pressure are fish oil, orange juice, melon seeds etc.